Saturday, August 11, 2012

Chain Pickerel fishing in Nova Scotia

ARTWORK AND PHOTOGRAPHS COPYRIGHT Charles Weiss 2012
 This is my quick sketch of a chain pickerel. I stopped at the Natural Resources in Milton by the Mersey River. They suggested the "Barr"ponds on the south edge of Liverpool. I caught two of them on small spinners panther martin and Blue Fox. They measured less than 12 inches/ 30 cm in length and had a shiny pale green colour. Each were caught on the first cast to a new spot along the shoreline. Each flipped off the hook before I could take a photograph of them.
 Shallow weedy ponds were the spot that samll yellow perch and minnows could be seen near shore.

 An osprey nest was a surprise.The two birds flew away with protesting calls as I approached.
Justin's Wood Art provided the chance to see a unique shark wood carving is the only toothy predator I saw along the way to Milton in Nova Scotia. He creates a variety of interesting folk art animals including birds, fish and reptiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment