Wednesday, April 11, 2012

FISHES of Toronto Book now printed and published!

The Fishes of Toronto, a guide to their remarkable world has just been printed and made available to the people of Toronto ! I was the fish illustrator with the working commitee on this Great Book.  The group of about a dozen met over the past two years to discuss the books content and design of the  complex world of fish in the Toronto area. I enjoy painting and drawing  fish, they are source of many images in my mind. I supplied almost 25  acrylic and watercolour paintings for the 78 page book.
The back cover painting is titled "Northern Pike chasing Yellow Perch." Pat Viggiani the book's graphic designer really liked the colour blue in this painting.
.Local Newspaper gives a full page to the Fishes of Toronto Book,  including a large full colour photograph of me and my paintings!

No comments:

Post a Comment