Thursday, April 14, 2011

Northern pike wood carving Carving Magazine #38 APRIL 2012



This is a cool looking customer. A wood carved northern pike. I've recently competed.
It measures 35 in/88 cm in length. My wife caught one like this in June a few years ago on a topwater lure the Rapala Skitter Prop , frog pattern. It was an exciting guided trip to a back country lake in NorthWestern Ontario's Sunset Country (near Vermilion Bay) close to Eagle LAKE.
The fish were really biting! The same day My fish-catching wife caught her largest  smallmouth bass in the same lake. I recommend Vermilion Bay Lodge's guided trips! Book Early,to save a spot in Gord Bastable's busy schedule.vermilionbaylodge.com

1 comment:

  1. Look for the June 2011 sssue #35 of
    CARVING MAGAZINE for a How-to-carve story I wrote about this pike wood carving!

    ReplyDelete